West Hollywood Homes for Sale
West Hollywood is bordered on the north by the Hollywood Hills neighborhood of Los Angeles, on the east by the Hollywood District of Los Angeles, on the west by the city of Beverly Hills, and on the south by the Fairfax District of Los Angeles. West Hollywood benefits from a very dense, compact urban form with small lots, a mix of land uses, and a walkable street grid. Commercial corridors include the nightlife and dining focused on the Sunset Strip, along Santa Monica Boulevard, and the Avenues of Art & Design along Robertson, Melrose, and Beverly near the Pacific Design Center. North, West Hollywood West, West Hollywood East and West Hollywood Heights. Distinctive places include streets such Alta Loma Road, which is home to the Sunset Marquis Hotel with its famous 45-person Whisky Bar and a recording studio that has been home to many hits. Alta Loma Road was one of the main locations for the film Perfect. The western stretch of Melrose Avenue, between Fairfax Avenue and Doheny Drive, is notable for its trendy clothing boutiques, interior design shops, restaurants and antique stores. The west end of Melrose Avenue, near the Pacific Design Center, is especially known for its exclusive furniture. The area around Fountain Avenue, Harper Avenue and Havenhurst Drive contains a high concentration of landmark 1920s Spanish Revival and Art Deco apartment buildings by such noted architects as Leland Bryant. This historic district has been home to many celebrities and at one time the Sunset Tower at 8358 Sunset Boulevard was home to Frank Sinatra, Errol Flynn, the Gabor Sisters, John Wayne and Howard Hughes.
Notable business and attractions in West Hollywood include:
- The famous Sunset Strip
- Hotels such as Chateau Marmont, Andaz West Hollywood, Mondrian and the Standard
- The Pacific Design Center
- Elegant architecture such as The Schindler House by the architect Rudolf Schindler
- Music venues such as House of Blues, Whisky a Go Go, The Troubadour, The Roxy Theatre and Viper Room
- Westlake Recording Studios, where Michael Jackson recorded the albums “Thriller” and “Bad” in 1982 and 1987 respectively
- Celebrity hangouts such as Formosa Cafe, Whisky Bar, Rainbow Bar and Grill, Palm Restaurant: West Hollywood (not to be confused with the chain by the same name,) Dan Tana’s, The Abbey Food & Bar and Villa Nightclub
- Film, television and music production including Samuel Goldwyn Studios, Smashbox Studios and TMZ on TV
- Several parks including Plummer Park
- Comedy Store
Any information relating to a property referenced on this web site comes from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of CARETS. This web site may reference real estate listing(s) held by a brokerage firm other than the broker and/or agent who owns this web site.
The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, including but not limited to square footages and lot sizes, is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals. The data contained herein is copyrighted by CARETS, CLAW, CRISNet MLS, DAMLS, CRMLS, i-Tech MLS and/or VCRDS and is protected by all applicable copyright laws. Any dissemination of this information is in violation of copyright laws and is strictly prohibited.
CARETS, California Real Estate Technology Services, is a consolidated MLS property listing data feed comprised of CLAW (Combined LA/Westside MLS), CRISNet MLS (Southland Regional AOR), DAMLS (Desert Area MLS),CRMLS (California Regional MLS), i-Tech MLS (Glendale AOR/Pasadena Foothills AOR) and VCRDS (Ventura County Regional Data Share). Data updated Thursday, September 18th, 2014